EEMUA 159 Storage Tank Inspection
At TesTex we are experts in storage tank inspection, inspecting hundreds of storage tanks every year across the UK and abroad. Whatever type of tank you have, we have well tested inspection methods, procedures and reporting to meet your objectives.
TesTex provide a very comprehensive range of techniques & services for the inspection of above ground or below ground storage tanks. We have numerous technicians qualified to EEMUA 159 and have a wealth of experience gained from thousands of tank inspections in Europe and around the world.
The inspections can be conducted either in-service or out of service and can range from a simple ultrasonic thickness survey to a full out of service EEMUA 159 inspection.
From the Field: Tank Defects
Here's some of the services we can provide as part of your inspection, the majority come as part of a standard EEMUA inspection.
- Tank Floor Scan - Using our Low Frequency Electromagnetic Technique, we perform a full scan of the tank floor distinguishing between topside and underside defects.
- Shell Crawler Ultrasonics - The shell is predominately inspected via ultrasonics and MPI, sampling various areas, including the plates, welds, nozzles and manways. An ultrasonic survey is performed down the total length of the tank at various positions using a remotely operated crawler operated by a technician from a control panel (See video above).
- Weld Inspection - Welds are inspected via magnetic particle, electromagnetic techniques, liquid penetrant, UT weld inspection and vacuum testing techniques.
- Tank Roof - Plate condition, roof supports, seal welds, and seal weld of roof- to-shell connection (frangible joint), nozzles, vents, handrails.
- Foundation Assessment - Settlement and tilting checks, corrosion of annular, earthing etc.
- Visual inspection - Bund wall, bund area, plates, welds, brackets, nozzles and pipe work etc using a Cambridge Welding Gauge, tape measure, torch and hand tools.
- Peripheral Equipment Assessment - Earthing bosses, venting device, level gauge, level float, dip hatch using a torch and hand tools
- Tank inspection & repair methodology in accordance with the requirements of EEMUA 159 or API 653.
- RBI (Risk Based Inspection) & site audits for determining inspection intervals & inspection workscopes.
- Tank Calibration / Strapping
- Inspection Management Software.
- Tank Cleaning, Shot Blasting & Waste Removal.
- Paint & Lining Inspections and Application.
When we're done you'll receive a comprehensive inspectors report detailing results and findings of the inspection. Recommendations will be provided on the appropriate repairs and inspection intervals, and calculations as per the EEMUA 159 specification will be provided.
To find out more about how we can help with your tank inspection project call us on 01469 541586. Or send us an Email.
- API 570 Pipeline Inspection – Case Study
- Corrosion & Thermal Fatigue Cracking Detected in Boiler Tubes With Hawkeye
- Corrosion Detected in Pipelines using LFET
- Inspection of a Vessel Containing Corrosive Material
- Furnace Tubing in Reducing Gas Furnace
- Line Cat Used in Alaska Pipeline Inspection
- Scanning 2200 Oil & Gas Above Ground Storage Tanks
Connect with Us
Tel: 01469 541586