Stack Tower & Column Inspection
We provide testing services for process columns. We can offer a variety of services such as:
- Low Frequency Electromagnetic Corrosion Scanning
- Eddy Current for Stress Corrosion Cracking Detection
- Dye Penetrant Inspection for Welds
- Corrosion Under Insulation scanning without removing insulation
- Ultrasonic Thickness Survey
- Full Visual Examination
Depending on the goal of the inspection, we will use different combinations of technologies & techniques. We also have teflon coated scanners for use at higher temperatures, as well as remotely operated crawlers to allow us to reach areas where there is typically no access.
Typically we'll use ultrasonic testing to determine thicknesses and subsurface inspection of cracking, and welds. Low frequency electromagnetic technique (LFET) is used for fast screening, when looking for internal corrosion from the external side. We scan all areas where insulation has been removed and report any internal areas where corrosion is likely occuring, and then do more in depth investigation with ultrasonics to see exactly what is going on.
We also use more basic techniques such as dye penetrant (DPI) and magnetic particle inspection (MPI) to look for surface breaking cracking, such as stress corrosion cracking.
To find out more about how we can help with your column inspection project call us on 01469 541586. Or send us an Email.
- IRIS detects hidden defects in vertical heat exchanger
- Hole in storage tank discovered through thick scale with Falcon 2000 Floor Scanner
- API 570 Pipeline Inspection – Case Study
- Corrosion & Thermal Fatigue Cracking Detected in Boiler Tubes With Hawkeye
- Corrosion Detected in Pipelines using LFET
- Inspection of a Vessel Containing Corrosive Material
- Furnace Tubing in Reducing Gas Furnace
Connect with Us
Tel: 01469 541586