Drone Inspection Servicescreative44
TesTex has added Drone Inspection to its portfolio of services having purchased an Elios drone. The Drone has already been kept busy, completing its third inspection in as many weeks.
With the advancement of drone inspection, the advantages of using Unmanned Ariel Vehicles (UAV’s) can be significant. Especially when you compare them against more conventional methods of tank inspection which require a significant amount of money, resource and time
Most importantly, drones are also able to reach those areas that would otherwise be incredibly difficult or hazardous to reach. Just some of the benefits include;
- Negating the need for working at heights, no rope access or high-level access equipment, for example
- Reduces the safety risks associated with confined space inspections significantly and inspections can be completed much quicker
- Removing some, or much of the requirement to prepare the tank and vent the tank, the drone still being able to function in oxygen-deficient areas
- Far less logistical planning, manpower and safety training is required to complete an inspection
- Technology and GPS enablement allow for far more accurate 3D mapping and surveying
- Rapidly catch large areas of data in a short space of time
- All data is digitised from the outset, so can be analysed and transmitted easily
Drone surveys complement a large range of inspection types, including;
- Structural Inspections
- Defect Diagnosis
- Measured surveys and 3D Mapping
- Progress monitoring
As well as confined spaces in tanks and vessels, The Elios Drone can be used to inspect any number of hard-to-reach, or dangerous areas including; power plants, lift shafts, tunnels, stairwells and to check the integrity of any area made dangerous.
For further information please call TesTex on 01469 541586.