What is PECT?
PECT is a high performance soultion using pulsed eddy current. It has been designed with a specific embedded software to facilitate the process of creating an inspection set-up, conducting the examination and generating the associated report. Coverage offers a vastly improved scan resolution in dynamic scan mode, with PEC measurements shown in a colour scale format as a % of the remaining wall thickness to clearly identify defect location and extent. By taking multiple readings across the surface, the system can then provide an overall map of the area.
Where can pulsed eddy current be applied?
- Original intention: CUI (vessels and piping)
- Corrosion under fire proofing of supporting legs of storage spheres
- Inspection of column skirts
- Flow accelerated corrosion (power plants)
- Splash zone of offshore structures and risers
- Storage tank annular rings
- Sheet piling (port structures, jetties)
- Inspection of marine growth
- High-temperature wall thickness monitoring
- Inspection of ship hulls
Our innovative technology is a major improvement over previous PEC methods. The re-invented system has made a major leap not only in terms of inspection speed but also in defect detection size.
- Faster inspection time
- Wider coverage
- No need to remove the insulation
- Locate weld locations whilst insulation is in place
- In-service Inspection
- Scan through up to 250mm of insulation
- Scan through aluminum, stainless and galvanized sheeting
- Repeatable and reliable results
- Easier analysis thanks to simpler scan patterns
- High speed testing at high insulation/ lift-off distance
- Advanced wall thickness sizing compensation for greater defect sizing capabilities