Summary of Engineers Breakfast Meeting- Equipment Inspections and AIM SoftwareLaura Nelson
Thank you to all those who attended our most recent Engineers Breakfast Meeting and to everyone who has expressed interest in future events. For those of you who missed it but would like to know what was covered, here’s a quick summary…
The Importance of Inspections from a Cat 1 perspective
Nick Girdham, experienced Cat 1 Inspector presented on the subject covering,
- The importance of Written Scheme of Examinations (WSE’s)
- Imminent dangers and how to accurately assess
- How to achieve time savings and acceptable periodicity
- The issues faced including, preparation and having relevant information about the asset being inspected
- What are common challenges lead engineers face during inspections
- How PSSR’s aren’t the only legislation for examinations, pipelines are regulated via the Pipelines Act.
TesTex Asset Integrity Management Software Demonstration
Alex Beamer from Smashed Crab Studios and our Asset Integrity Manager Trevor Richardson demonstrated our new, innovative Asset Integrity Management Software to the group. The feedback was welcomed with further meetings organised to run through on a one-to-one basis.
The software has been developed to provide a simple yet specific system to support Asset Integrity Management. The system is
- Simple and easy to use
- Secure and cloud-based (hosted on Microsoft Azure)
- Designed in conjunction with Integrity Managers
- Ideal for planning and scheduling
- Designed to enable the creation of WSE’s, RBI’s, Work Orders, NII and more
- Configurable to customer requirements
- Designed to send email and text alerts for staged actions of sign offs and acceptances of all the activities such as WSE’s, reports, work orders etc
- Ideal for providing audit trails
If you would like more information about our Asset Integrity Management Services, please email email@example.com or call us on 01469 541586
Missed the Meeting?
We run an Engineers Breakfast Meeting bi-monthly at the CATCH Facility in Stallingborough, if you would like to be added to the invite list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also host an online forum which has been created for the same purpose but on a national level. The Forum aims to encourage engineers to discuss industry issues and share best practice. Copies of the Breakfast Meeting Presentations can also be found on here, for more information or to sign up, please click here.